haus to home / *nearly* furnished flat

With unpacking, arranging, and mid-week cleaning complete, I'm finally ready to share an updated pictorial tour of our flat (aka apartment, but I'm trying to integrate some of the British-English words that are primarily used here).

All lights have been hung, and nearly all major furniture purchases made. Now we're just missing the details--dining and living room rugs, coffee and end tables, TV and stereo cabinet, desk and filing cabinet, nightstands, and lamps for the living room and guest rooms. And eventually I will have to do something about the guest room closet. But for now, I'm seeing progress. And I like what I see...




The couch. My new favorite blogging spot. I'm looking for some
bigger, fluffier throw pillows to soften the modern hard edges of the couch.
The cozy kitchen. My two favorite appliances--the toaster and the Nespresso machine--get the most use.


The kitchen bookcase serves as cookbook holder and a space for teapots, tea towels,
office supplies, and stone throwing medals.
From the hallway looking onto our patio. We are very lucky to have so many windows, and so much light.
The guest room. The bed is comfortable, but it is a little spare
and too neutral in here at the moment.
The half bathroom (fka the toilet closet).
New master bed. We're still waiting for king-sized bedding.
Our extra dining stools serve as interim nightstands.

The Ikea Pax wardrobe.
Main bathroom.


Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Copyright 2011-2015 Home Schwiiz Home / Kate Bingisser. All rights reserved. Theme via Nordic Themepark.