Happy Friday! We had an eventful week here as we decided to apply for
the apartment we looked at last week. Then we waited for an answer
about whether our application had been accepted. Zürich apartments are
notoriously hard to get and we have had friends that submitted
applications for more than 20 apartments before finding a place. We were
a little worried because some places don't love Americans, but
apparently we got extra lucky again. We didn't have to wait the few
weeks we expected...We found out yesterday that we got the place and it
is so exciting!
So, the countdown to a May 1 move
begins. At least all that time I spent on Pinterest last weekend
imagining how to decorate the new place wasn't a waste, and I'll have
more good things to share here after the move. We'll be just down the
lake in Thalwil and have nearly double the living space and a large
terrace, and it will amazingly take me less time to get to work. Yay!
Now we just need to find a new renter for our place. Anyone want to move
to Wollishofen?
In other news, we also finally got more
seating--a new lounge chair and ottoman--for our living room. The
outside chairs are back on the patio and I may just get this place ready
to share again here before the move. I also have a much more comfy
chair to blog in.
This weekend I'm looking forward to
our long weekend as we are taking Monday off to either sleep in (in case
we manage
to stay up for the Super Bowl) or watch the game in the morning. I was
sad to see the 49ers lose to the Seahawks, but I'm happy to support my
second city's team this time around.
So, until next week. Enjoy your weekend, and consider my few favorites from this week.
super
bowl snacks // Since chips and dip and other football food favorites
aren't really great candidates for a midnight snack or brunch, I implore
you to try one of these game day recipes from Food52 (or perhaps these cheetos covered jalapeno poppers, minus the bacon).
living with hope // This essay
by a young doctor about living with incurable lung cancer is so
touching, thoughtful, and well-written. I cannot imagine mustering that
kind of courage every day.
cookie monster // I may just have to use my extra day off to try these rose-scented madeleines.
{photo credit: Martin Bingisser for homeschwiizhome at the Titlis Cliff Walk}
ARCHIVE
-
►
2016
(1)
- ► January 2016 (1)
-
►
2015
(21)
- ► December 2015 (4)
- ► October 2015 (3)
- ► September 2015 (1)
- ► August 2015 (1)
- ► April 2015 (2)
- ► February 2015 (1)
-
▼
2014
(25)
- ► November 2014 (3)
- ► October 2014 (6)
- ► September 2014 (2)
- ► August 2014 (3)
- ► March 2014 (1)
- ► February 2014 (3)
-
►
2013
(24)
- ► December 2013 (1)
- ► November 2013 (6)
- ► October 2013 (1)
- ► September 2013 (2)
- ► April 2013 (2)
- ► February 2013 (4)
- ► January 2013 (2)
-
►
2012
(26)
- ► August 2012 (6)
- ► April 2012 (3)
- ► January 2012 (1)
-
►
2011
(38)
- ► November 2011 (8)
- ► September 2011 (1)
- ► August 2011 (1)
- ► April 2011 (2)
- ► March 2011 (12)
- ► February 2011 (6)
POSTS BY PLACE
freitag favorites
(52)
Zurich
(29)
swiss life
(26)
France
(6)
Italy
(5)
Rigi
(5)
Basel
(4)
London
(4)
germany
(4)
running
(4)
st. moritz
(4)
turkey
(4)
Bern
(3)
Wollishofen
(3)
crete
(3)
thalwil
(3)
chocolate
(2)
home
(2)
lucerne
(2)
mt. shasta
(2)
samedan
(2)
zermatt
(2)
Austria
(1)
Edinburgh
(1)
Florence
(1)
Glasgow
(1)
Gruyeres
(1)
Locarno
(1)
Monaco
(1)
Murten
(1)
Nice
(1)
Scotland
(1)
Silvaplana
(1)
Spain
(1)
Spiez
(1)
St. Gallen
(1)
Ticino
(1)
copenhagen
(1)
luxembourg
(1)
style
(1)
DAILY READS
Powered by Blogger.






3 Responses to freitag favorites + a new flat
You are a traitor to your heritage...rooting for the Seahawks. I am disappointed.
I agree. Broncos all the way!!
By the way that's a great picture by Martin. Would love to have that!!