freitag favorites + catch up weekend


After a wonderful weekend with friends in the mountains of Graubünden last weekend followed by a very busy week at work, including a short overnight trip out to NE Switzerland for an event at UBS's Wolfsberg conference center, I'm happy to be back home in time for a bit of a lazy weekend with time to slowly catch up on some neglected tasks like finishing unpacking from our Turkey trip, and as well to enjoy a few more days running in the sunshine while it still lasts.

So, before I cuddle up on the couch with a cup of tea, I leave you with a few of my favorites from this week. I wish you all a wonderful weekend and I'll see you back here next week with more about our Turkey trip. Enjoy!

I highly recommend this Indian butternut squash and chickpea curry which was by far the best and easiest recipe I made this week, and also "a keeper" according to Martin. I'm also interested to try one of the chef's Indian restaurants next time I'm back in Seattle.

I'm still debating how to address the fact that I need some sort of medical ID bracelet, etc. Let me just say that there is clearly a gap in the market for a functional but still subtle, well-designed options. Other than this one which my sister found, the rest of the medical bracelet universe is thoroughly depressing so something custom-designed may be the best option if I really have to wear it every day. Suggestions are welcome.

Ikea's new Stocksund furniture, particularly this roll-arm sofa (via Apartment Therapy) have me planning a return shopping trip sooner rather than later.

If I lived somewhere tropical, I think this carved pineapple would be hilarious on my front porch for Halloween.

I love these beautiful aerial abstract photographs, especially those featuring zebras (my favorite animal).

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

2 Responses to freitag favorites + catch up weekend

Unknown said...

I was thinking Tiffany and CO should branch out and do medical bracelets!

Kate said...

Yes, I agree Doree! They do make a pendant and charm actually but I don't think I really want a charm bracelet.

Leave a Reply

Copyright 2011-2015 Home Schwiiz Home / Kate Bingisser. All rights reserved. Theme via Nordic Themepark.