Today we explored Zürich and even though the sunny weather we've enjoyed all week turned to spring rain and put a bit of a damper on the scenic lake and mountain views, we still enjoyed over 5 miles of walking/wandering through the city and most of the major scenic (and edible) highlights. We have saved room for truffe brioche and perhaps a climb up Grossmünster's tower for later this weekend, and will likely be off to Bern and Luzern later this weekend.
This week was also a few of pre-baby firsts: I bought Baby Bing her first outfit and also finished a flannel blanket so the nesting is turning up a notch. Now to just make all the decisions about the nursery over the next few months. Exciting things to come!
So, from my cozy perch on the couch, I wish you all a wonderful Spring weekend, and leave you with a few more favorites from this week . . .
- I've always loved coloring, and have especially fond childhood memories of participating in the Easter bunny coloring contests held at our local grocery store. Even now, I bring out my crayons or pencils for a little therapeutic coloring from time to time. And I guess I'm not the only adult who still enjoys coloring.
- This WSJ article about one man's appreciation for a really nice umbrella made me laugh.
- I'm not much of a frappuccino fan, but Starbucks' new smores flavor might be fun as a dessert sometime on a warm day.
- This DIY marbleized ribbon would be really fun for gift wrapping.
- Asparagus season is here, and I'm looking forward to trying this recipe.







One Response to freitag favorites + long weekends
I am so excited about those coloring books!